~ Contest: Check out the Ravelry Group Page and share your best tip for "Going Green!" Winner will receive 2 skeins of KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in colors Green Tea Heather and Avacado.
~Cheap Sock KAL: Get your supplies and pattern ready! We will be doing a Sock Knit-a-long during April! Start and finish a pair of socks in April, and post the photos on the Ravelry boards and you will be entered in a drawing to win a mystery prize!
- Not much done on Wedding Shawl
- Did a little work on my Purple Cable socks, I will finish them before the April Sock KAL!
- Knitting my 7 month old niece some awesome Cheshire Cat legwarmers! The striping idea came from Brooklyn Tweed's Turn A Square hat! He also has a great tutorial in that pattern on how to avoid that goofy little stripe jog when you are striping in the round!
- Spun up some Valentine (pink shades) corriedale from Sunset Fibers to use in my Cheshire Cat legwarmers!
- I decided I want to knit a cropped, short sleeved cardi, so I'm spinning some cream corrie/ merino for that!
- Fiber2Yarn has some AMAZING deals on rovings and tops! 10-40% off yarns as well!
- Since Easter is only a few weeks away, check out your local grocery stores for sales on Easter Egg dye and use it on your yarn! It works great!
- SavingsNut has great tools and tips for saving money in just about every aspect of your life! Check it out!
~ Tip of the week:
~How I saved the week!
- I used free TurboTax to do my taxes!
- I bought some awesome Tul pens from Office Max for only $.40 each! WOOHOO!
ItsJustMeghan from the Stitch It! Podcast had an amazing tutorial on how to make your own Lazy Kate out of a shoebox and 6 knitting needles in her 13th episode! Click here to see for yourself!
I made one! Lookie!
Pros: Very soft and lofty, very warm, comes in lots of vibrant colors, feels pretty sturdy, and great for felting.
Cons: Not machine washable, the ball was very tangly on the inside (ball it up before you knit with it), single ply isn't always as strong as multi- ply yarns.
**Overall: Medium worth. I would probably buy it again, but I know it won't be useful for some projects.
Pros: Comes in lots of colors, both solid and self patterning, nylon makes the yarn strong, bamboo makes it shiny and pretty, not knotty or splitty.
Cons: Not machine washable.
Overall: Worth it!
If you like the show, please leave a review on iTunes! I won't be doing a show next week, so use your knitcents while I'm gone!