~This week's show is sponsored by Audible! Click here to try their service free for 2 weeks and download a free audiobook of your choice!
~November Contest Winner:
CuteKnitter aka Jasmin! She suggested giving the gift of time to family and friends! Awesome! She will receive 8oz of undyed corriedale roving and 2 sets of awesome stitch markers from NeoTigress on Etsty!
December 30 will mark the one year anniversary of the KnitCents Podcast! To celebrate, I want you to tell me what you've learned and how you've used your KnitCents over the past year! Leave a comment in the thread on the Ravelry Group page, or send me an email! Winners will be chosen on December 30 with a special anniversary episode!
- 8oz of undyed corriedale roving and 2 sets of stitch markers from NeoTigress on Etsy!
- Victoria Mitt Kit from SarahMontie with pattern and orange yarn shown!
- Single pattern PDF download of winner's choice from SarahMontie!
- 3 balls of CityTweed from KnitPicks in Lemon Curd colorway!
- 3 pattern PDF downloads of winner's choice from FiddleKnits Designs!
- 2 Fiber to Go cups- 50/50 Merino/ Bamboo from Sunset Fibers (blue and purple)!
- 2 Fiber sampler cups from Sunset Fibers! (total is 1/4 oz of each of: corriedale, medium coopworth, silk noil, loose alpaca, honey tussah silk, llama, superwash merino, angora, bleached tussah silk, and 80/20 alpaca/silk)
- 1 skein of KnitPicks Capra (85/25 Merino/ Cashmere) in Fairy Tale colorway and a KnitPicks Options Interchangeable nickel plated needle kit!
*All prizes have been donated to the podcast! Thank you so much to everyone who has donated to the show!!!
This week, it is forecasted to be in the low to mid 40's with drizzle. I'm thinking light sweaters and cardigans, and definitely some mitts! Heavy wool pullovers aren't quite necessary this week!
Tappan Zee disaster/ awesomeness:
My Tappan Zee is crooked. That's really all there is to say. I don't know what went wrong, it was definitely my problem, and not a pattern problem! But I'm going to rock it anyways!
Also, even though the picture shows up right side up on my computer, it keeps showing up upside down everywhere else. Blergh. FInally, I'm almost done with the handspun hat for little baby Leighton! It is going to be so soft and warm and I'm knitting it so that hopefully it fits her for a long time!
No new spinning, but I may start a new spinning project this afternoon!
iTunes Single of the Week! Free song every week! Check it out in the iTunes Store!
-Cyber Monday: Sort of like black friday but for the online deals! Its awesome, check it out!
- Amazon Mom: Sign up for free if you are the caretaker of a baby and get a free year of Amazon Prime! Other awesome services include extra awesome deals and automatic diaper delivery!
- Howtoshopforfree.net is an awesome site! The writer of the site tells you how to double up on coupons and sales, gives seminars on saving money and wrote a book which is going to be released on Wednesday, December 1! Check it out!
~Tip of the Week:
Quality vs. Quantity: We decided to change our cat's diet so she will be more healthy! The food is a lot more expensive, but she eats a LOT less of it (enough less that it will be a net gain for sure)! Also she is more active, which will help her be more healthy, which will hopefully mean less trips to the vet! Spend a little more to get a LOT more in return!
~How I Saved the Week:
Aaron and I, after a glorious victory over the Thanksgiving turkey we cooked! We spent about $10 to host an awesome thanksgiving dinner with our friends! Turkey was less than $5, potatoes were about $1.50, green beans were about $.50 a can (2 cans), cranberries were about $2 and everything else we already had on hand! Friends brought rolls, stuffing and pie, and we had a fabulous evening with lots of food and even more leftovers!
No review this week, because the episode was getting long! Next week for sure!
Email me: cleverroue (at) gmail (dot) com
If you like the show, please leave a review on iTunes!
Have a happy week everyone!