~Contest! Juniper583 won the March Going Green contest!
~KAL- Knit any size pair of socks and submit it to the Ravelry Group to be entered into the contest! Socks must be started on or before April 1, and be finished on or before April 30! Prize is 2 skeins of Knit Picks Felici in colorway Cochineal.
- Thank you to everyone who responded to my SOS for my wedding shawl! I have the best listeners!
Bumble Stitch: 4 stitch repeat- (In the round) Rounds 1 and 2: K2, P2. Round 3: C2B, P2.
- Aaron's KAL socks! LOVING IT! I love my fiance! He doesn't like long socks so his socks knit up really quickly! JoAnn Sensations Bamboo and Ewe colorway Charcoal Gray
~Spinning: Nothing New :(
~Free Entertainment: I've been listening to back episodes of The Knitmore Girls
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
- Webs is having their 36th anniversary sale! Loads of stuff 30-50% off!
- The Yarn Co.: Lots of luxury fibers 30% off!
- Pronto: A cool website that compares prices of the same thing at different places!
~Tip of the Week:
Waste Not. Find ways to use EVERY last bit of what you have. Use the last few drops of milk in your tea, use leftover scrap yarn for scrap projects or baby socks and preemie hats. I want to learn to knit socks from the toe up!
~How I saved the week:
- Downsized the size of our trash can. Will reduce the amount of trash we produce, and saves a little money on our utility bill! We've also started composting! Yay!
- A Complaint Free World by Will Bowen
I've been complaining a lot lately, and I want to stop. If you put positivity into the world, the world will give you happiness back! I will be starting today, and feel free to join me in the challenge to go for 21 days straight without complaining, criticizing or gossiping. This book is totally worth it! This book teaches you how to stop complaining and start enjoying the life you want. Basically, you wear a bracelet. Every time you catch yourself complaining, gossiping or criticizing, you move your bracelet to the other hand. The idea isn't to punish yourself, but just to notice how often you do these things. Soon, you'll start to catch yourself before you say these things, and the idea is that if you don't externalize these negativities, then your brain won't have anything to do with them, so it will stop producing them. Join me in the complaint free challenge!