Bar-Maids are donating an "I Deserve This!" package in the scent of your choice to the lucky winner this month!
Cold Sheep! Kick a bad habit or start a good one! Find something that will help you save money, and do it! Then, tell us all about it!
-Finished the Father's Day socks just in time!
- Still working on the sweater! Almost done, but I keep deciding I want it to be longer because I like long tunic style tops!
- Still working on the Regia vanilla socks!
- Wedding Shawl: The current wedding shawl will be a practice shawl, because I've decided (with some help) to knit my wedding shawl out of cashmere and lace!
- Almost done with all the merino/tencel that I got at Madrona, I think it will grow up to be a Citron shawl!
-Finished the first 4oz of the Polwarth I started from Sunset Fibers, now just 8oz to go!
- Started some camel/silk at BSG too!
~Events/ BSG Recap!
There was so much awesomeness at BSG that you'll just have to listen to find it all out! I can't express the awesome in words typed out!
I will be at Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival (OFFF) during September 24-25!
I've been listening to SassyPantsKnitter by SillyFru, and I LOVE it! I've also been listening to The Prince of Hazel and Oak by John Lenahan. It is the podiobook sequel to Shadowmagic! I accidentally said it was by Nathan Lowell in the episode, but it's actually John Lenahan! OOPS! It is also awesome!
~ The Garden:
Has exploded! It is huge! WEEEEE!
Discount Book Sale has awesome deals if you aren't a member, and even more awesome deals if you are! If you decide to join, make sure you will really save because the membership is $20 a month!
~Tip of the Week
Set a budget and rules and tell everyone about them! They will either help you, or they will try to get you to spend more than your budget and if that happens, then it will be a fun game of trying to not spend money just to prove it to them that you can stick to your budget!
~How I saved the week!
We went to see the Karate Kid last night, and we used some free movie tickets we had earned from using our free Regal Crown club card! It pays to join goofy free clubs!
Fruitfly trap: We've been having a lot of trouble with fruitflies this week, so we set a trap. They really like smelly food, so we set out a jar with about 1 inch of apple cider vinegar, and some chopped bananas. We put it under our kitchen fan, so they would either get sucked up into the fan and out of the house, or they will fly down into the vinegar and drown! Muahahahaha!
~ Tour de Fleece:
If you want to spin for the Tour de Fleece, I'm co-capitaining Team Sasquatch! Come join us! There will be a kick-off chat in the group at 8:30 am on July 3, so come join Team Sasquatch!
~ Worth It!
2 at a Time Socks by Melissa Morgan Oakes
Retail Price: $16.95 17 patterns
- If I wanted to do magic loop and 2 at a time, this book tells you exactly how to do it with step by step instructions that are very clear.
- All the patterns are fun and beautiful
- Patterns are clearly written and charted
- Lovely pictures of each sock
- There are lots of yarn options
- Patterns don't translate well to DPNs
- Some pictures the yarn is a little too busy for the stitch pattern, making the pattern hard to see.
- The charted patterns aren't also written out line by line.
**Overall: Worth it if you want to do magic loop, not worth it if you're stubborn like me and just want to knit the patterns using DPNs.
Mini review: Lantern Moon Sheep Tape Measure. ADORABLE!
Ravelry Group: KnitCents
Please leave a review on iTunes or feel free to click that shiny button below...