Monday, January 16, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup (of cocoa!)

Today at work, Amanda had Reese's cups on her desk. My resolve was strong and I did not eat ALL OF THEM (or any, for that matter.) As a reward, I am now drinking sugar free hot cocoa with peanut butter mixed into it, and it is AMAZING!  So amazing, I felt I should share!

Recipe: (thanks to Meghan for the base recipe)
1c. milk (or milk like product- soy, almond, coconut etc)
1-2 T baking cocoa (powder)
dash of salt
dash of vanilla
1/4 tsp hot water
1/2 tsp agave nectar or honey
1 T unsweetened peanut butter

Heat milk. Mix cocoa, salt, vanilla, water and agave together until it forms a syrup. Add to milk. Stir peanut butter into hot milk. Enjoy the most delicious and decadent hot cocoa you've ever had, guilt free!

1 comment:

  1. Just came in from shoveling snow and sure wish someone would have made this for me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete