~ Welcome/ Intro!
-I got a bad review on iTunes! Hehe, I think it's kind of funny...
~Knitting: Not much new, just got a little more progress on my cabled socks
~Spinning: Still working on Sunset Fibers, and Merino/ Alpaca blend!
- Peg, aka IrishCorp wins the January contest!
- February contest: Share your best date idea for under $10! Prize: 2 skeins of Knit Picks Gloss HW in colorway Wine.
- Knitting-warehouse Great sales on knitting accessories!
- Paradise Fibers Amazing prices on spinning fibers in the sale section! Less than $2 an ounce for merino top, and less than $1.50 for Corrie top!
- ESmartTax Free tax preparation for basic through Liberty Tax Services.
~ Tips of the Week:
- Aaron wanted you to know that he doesn't let the water run while he's in the shower, so his water time is less than 2 minutes!
- Tip 1: Find your local free box!
- Libraries, colleges/ schools, co-ops
- Colleges at the end of the quarter are awesome! People throw so much stuff away!
-Tip 2: Use your library! You pay taxes, so use it!
- Tip from y'all: Contest runners up: Knitdesigns and MuzzerZ: Plan meals ahead of time and pay attention to what you have in your pantry!
~How I saved the week:
- Nothing terribly interesting, just made my lunches and brought them to work, and made a couple of big batches of soup and put them in the freezer!
- Check out the thread in the Ravelry group to see how I made my Easy Knitting Project Bags!
~ Worth It!
- Custom Knits by Wendy Bernard
- 22 patterns, list price $27.50
This isn't really a pro/con list, but more of an overview. This is not a beginner book. There is no "How to make a knit stitch" section, but there are some special techniques sections. This book teaches you how to make garments that actually fit you, and how to alter your garments to fit you physically, or to add elements to make it more stylish. There is a really cool tutorial on how to make a dress form cast of your body with an old t-shirt and some duct tape. All the patterns are trendy and cute.
Overall: Worth it for those who want to learn how to design or customize their knits, but not for someone who wants to follow a pattern exactly.
Ravelry: My username is Roue
Ravelry Group Page
Follow me on Twitter: Roue0824
If you like the show, please leave a review on iTunes!
Thank you so much for listening!