~January Sponsor: Sunset Fibers
~Contest: Share your best "Money Saving Tip in the Kitchen" in the contest thread in the Ravelry Group! Last day to post a tip is TODAY! Once the thread is closed, let the voting begin!!
~Knitting and Spinning
- No new knitting this week!
- Sunset Fibers Corriedale
- Dog fur + mystery wool carded together and spun on my spindle!
- 75/25 SW Merino/ Alpaca on my spindle.
- I got my first issue of Spin Off!
- I get to go to the Exotic Fiber Spindling class at Madrona Fiber Arts Retreat!
- I sewed myself a totally cute spinning apron for about $2! Yay!
Regia JetSet Color- 55% off
Berrocco is 25% off
Crystal Palace is 20% off
Free Shipping on orders over $75!
- Royal Yarns
Join their email list and get a $5 coupon!
Lots of brands 15-50% off!
Free shipping on orders over $100!
- Use TurboTax Online and save a ton on your tax preparation!
~Tips of the Week: Water
-Drink water instead of soft drinks or other beverages
-Shower less often
-Flush only solid waste
~ How I Saved the Week!
- Filled up the gas tank in my scooter with the change in my purse!
- Cooked lots of yummy goodies! It cost about $12- $13 to make it all, would have cost about $34 to buy similar items!
- Knitting Pretty book by Kris Percival: Simple Instructions for 30 Fabulous Projects
- Suggested retail price: $19.99
- All projects are easy enough for a beginner, but also easily adaptable to use other ways for more experienced knitters.
- Patterns progress through the book by general difficulty
-Photos of almost all the projects
- Projects are timeless and classic
- Patterns are easy to read and follow
- Projects don't list specific yarns to use, but the yarns used for the project are given in the back.
- Lots of different types of projects
- Amazing book for beginners
- How-to section in the front doesn't do a very good job of showing how to make stitches.
- Only gives instructions for one type of cast on
- Difficulty levels assigned to projects are arbitrary and can be misleading.
**Overall: Totally worth it!
~ Contact info:
If you like the show, please leave a review on iTunes! Thank you!