Monday, January 11, 2010

Episode 3- Bulk and Lace- Shownotes

~Welcome and Thank yous!
-Thank you to Jasmin and Gigi of The Knitmore Girls and Jackie of Kiping It Real for playing my promo this past week!
- Thank you to GrammaJewell and everyone else who left reviews of my show on iTunes!
-Thank you to everyone who has sent me feedback via email and messages! It makes my day!
~January Show Sponsor
- Sunset Fibers Check out their 2010 line!
~ What I'm Knitting:
- Finished Easy Baby Cardigan, and now am working on a matching bonnet out of the leftover yarn!
- Cast on (and tore out 3 times) the Raindrop Shawl by Renee Strouts out of Knit Picks Gloss Sock Yarn. Yarn cost me $3.99 a skein, and I bought 3 skeins so my wedding shawl will cost me about $12! Way cheaper than buying a veil!
- Cast on a pair of simple cabled socks with Knit Picks Stroll in Eggplant.
~What I'm Spinning:
-Still working on my Sunset Fibers Corriedale for my Grandma's socks! I've done 2 bobbins, and Navajo plied adding up to about 200 yards! I'm on my way!
~Contest:
- We are still running a contest to find the Best Money Saving Tip in the Kitchen! Either go to the Knit Cents Group in Ravelry to enter your tip, or if you are not a Ravelry member, send me an email at cleverroue@gmail.com and I will post your tip for you!
- Prize this month: Choose either 4 oz of handpainted, pin-drafted roving, or 200 yards of mill spun yarn from Sunset Fibers
- Get your entry submitted by January 25! We will be voting from January 26- 31, and winner will be announced on February 1!!
~Sales!
-Yarn sales!
- Webs has a lot of different brands, sizes, styles and colors in their closeout for 50% off!
- Numei sells wholesale yarn, 10 skeins in a bag for between $15-$40 a bag! Great deal!
-Elsewhere!
-Office Max has OM brand paper, files, file storage, binders and Post-Its on sale, buy 2 get 1 free!
- Audible is running their deal where you get your first 3 months membership for only $7.49 a month, and $14.99 a month after that! This is an awesome deal!
- Podiobooks has free audiobooks from unpublished authors! Just type in Podiobooks.com into your podcatcher (ie iTunes, Zune Marketplace, etc.) and check out all the awesome free audiobooks!
~Tips of the Week!
- #1: Join the club
- #2: More is Less!
~ Worth It!
-Reviewed Knit Picks Shadow Laceweight yarn A 100% merino laceweight yarn, comes in 440 yard skeins.
*Pros:
- Only $2.99 a skein- averages to be just over 1/2 a cent per yard!
- Drapes beautifully
-Comes in a lot of beautiful colors
-Not splitty or knotty
- Very soft
*Cons:
- Tiny itty bitty yarn- If you don't want to knit dental floss on toothpicks, this is not the yarn for you.
- Not machine washable.
*Overall: Worth It!!
Contact Info:
email me at cleverroue@gmail.com
Follow me on Twitter: Roue0824
On Ravelry: Roue

No comments:

Post a Comment